Skip to main content

[GUIDE] Galaxy S4 Sim-Unlocking

This is what I did. Slightly different to OP.

I did this with my AUTHORISED Sim in first.

1. Dial *#0011#
2. press Menu then tap BACK
3. press the Menu again the tap KEY INPUT then enter 1, (wait a few seconds) it auto jumped into service menu.

4. press Menu then tap BACK (not needed for me)

Your are now in the SERVICE MODE MAIN MENU

Tap [1]UMTS (may auto go into next menu (mine did)

then [1]DEBUG SCREEN
then [6]PHONE CONTROL
then [6]NETWORK LOCK
then tap [3]PERSO SHA256 OFF

Go back to the UMTS MAIN MENU by pressing Menu then Back (several times)

then tap [6]COMMON

then [6]NV REBUILD (if this does not work next time)

do [4]RESTORE BACK UP

the device will freeze, black screen, Blue LED Light, Menu and Back key ON. Wait for it to reboot (about a minute).

Your Samsung Galaxy I9505 is now Sim-Unlocked.

Edit:

When I booted back in with AUTHORISED sim, I had to turn off Mobile Data, then turn it on.
I then turned off the phone, put my UNAUTHORSIED Sim in, booted back up and NO NETWORK PIN request!

Again, I had to turn off Mobile data, then turn it back on. The UNAUTHORSIED Sim worked!!! 

My previously locked to Three UK GT-I9505 is now unlocked to all networks  Thanks again to XDA (Y)

----------

It has been reported that this is indeed a "permanent" unlock:

artnada's tests:

I had sim unlocked my phone when I was on the "djemby" pre-rooted I9505XXUAME2-DEODEXED-KNOX-FREE-HD-VOICE

I have just re-flashed my original factory Three ROM. I9505XXUAMDC_I9505H3GAMD6_I9505XXUAMDC_HOME and the Sim unlock was still UNLOCKED!

I then re-flashed back to I9505XXUAME2-DEODEXED-KNOX-FREE-HD-VOICE.tar.md5 and the sim unlock was still UNLOCKED!

So, I think we can safely say this sim unlock method is a permanent unlock!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SM-T111 schematic

LG LEON H324t CHARGING WAYS & BATTERY WAYS

SM-J320H CHARGING WAYS